TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Redtread Spain
Redtread (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) accepts clients for Trail Riding subject to the following terms and conditions:
- A deposit of 25% per person is required at the time of booking, unless the arrival date is less than 8 weeks away and then the full amount is due.
- The balance of the total cost must be paid before commencement of the tour. Balance is due 8 weeks prior to arrival. If the customer cancels prior to this, the balance is not due, with less than 8 weeks until the tour starts the full balance is due. Therefore an invoice will be sent to the client if they cancel the trip up to 8 weeks prior to the tour starting. If you cancel less than 8 weeks before arrival, there is a 100% cancellation fee. We are unable to move your tour dates, unless the request was made with in 7 days of the initial booking. The company has the right to sell all riding places on a tour; we cannot guarantee exclusivity unless all riding places have been paid for.
- We highly recommend taking travel insurance when booking your holiday to cover cancellations and repatriation in the event of an accident. This is not compulsory but recommended.
- As from 1st January 2015, we will no longer implement the bend it mend it policy. Although we accept that minor damage to bikes and equipment will take place for which the company will make no charge; we reserve the right to charge for persistent, negligent and or wilful damage. The company will also charge for the full cost of repairs and loss of revenue in the event that the client is wilfully negligent or if they don’t conduct themselves in a manner as directed by the tour guide; and as a consequence damage to equipment and or machinery is caused. You will also be charged for any damage that comes in over £500.
- We provide well maintained bikes for you to enjoy, equally we do require you to respect them too and ride it likes it’s your own, it really is that simple. If you bend or damage the bike you are riding, the company will do its upmost to repair the damage and get you back on the tour. If we are unable to repair it, the company will not refund any lost riding days.
If you ride sensibly and within your own limits and abilities then it is highly unlikely you will break anything
- The Client is solely liable for all traffic offences / fines incurred by the Client for any breach of the law.
- The rider is, in all circumstances responsible for his behaviour and for the bike, and for all equipment under his/her control. Our tours are not races and should not be treated as such. You should adapt your speed according to the places you travel through. Driving extremely slowly through the villages, respecting the local people, their customs, the wildlife and the beautiful terrain. Remember off road/trail riding can be a dangerous sport. We reserve the right to end your tour at anytime if your riding is dangerous or if you are not respecting the bikes, without any recompense.
- The Client agrees to abide by all the laws, bylaws, rules and regulations of the country he/she is visiting especially in respect of health, immigration, exchange control, drugs or any other matter.
- We have a breathalyser, we may require you give a sample before saddling up in order to protect you. The Spanish alcohol limit is very low.
- The client must hold a full, current motorcycle driving licence for 250cc motorbikes (minimum) and must inform the company of any endorsements or restrictions imposed by the licensing authority. The company operates out of Spain and their law is exactly the same as the UK. By arrangement riders without a full bike licence can ride a 125cc bike providing they have held a full car driving licence for a minimum of three years and/or an up to date CBT certificate, there is an extra charge for the use of a 125cc.
- The website site advises you of our usual routes, the mileages and the type of terrain you will cover. We reserve the right to change the tours at our discretion, due to the weather, tour ability and other local restrictions.
- If the client leaves the tour voluntarily before the end of the tour, or is required to do so by a Company representative, on the grounds that the client´s presence is considered detrimental to the safety or well-being of the tour or anyone on the tour, then any liability the Company may have towards that client will immediately cease. The Company will have no responsibility for repatriation or any other expense incurred by the client as a result of such an event. No refund will be given.
- The client acknowledges that no responsibility can be accepted by the Company for any accident, loss or damage to a clients vehicle or other property, whether owned, loaned or on hire to the client whilst on or off the property during your stay with the company.
- The client must produce his/her current driving licence and passport on arrival in order to fill in the indemnity form and MUST carry your motorcycle licence and passport with them at all times whilst riding – this is a legal requirement in Spain. You must also carry a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
- The responsibility for the Health and Well-being of the Client will at all times remain with the client.
- The Client understands that he is responsible for his own personal insurance with repatriation, although the company provide all clients with insurance whilst riding that covers them for airlift out of the mountains, this does not cover repatriation. The client also acknowledges the inherent risk and dangers for the tour and will travel entirely at the clients own risk and neither the Company, its agents, or any other person assisting with them, is liable for any personal loss, injury, accident, damage, delay or inconvenience whether caused by acts of the Company, its agents or events outside the Company’s control (e.g. strikes, civil war, mechanical breakdown, weather etc.)
- All bikes are covered by 3rd party insurance for any rider over the age of 25; riders under the age of 25 must ride a 250cc and pay a supplement for the additional insurance premium. We also have an airlift policy should there be an accident out in an inaccessible part of the mountains. However, we do not offer personal medical or repatriation insurance. Your EHIC card will cover you for medical care providing you are a European citizen. We would however, recommend holiday insurance from Apollo insurance who understand the tours that we run. Please call them on 0845 180 0028 for a quote and further information.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel a tour without notice. In the event of such a cancellation, all payments received by the Company from the client will be refunded, with the exception of situations outside our controlle eg. Force Majeure/natural disaster/war.
- Bike models, years and engine capacities might change without notice.
- Whilst we take your safety very seriously and will do everything in our power to help protect all our clients, you MUST take responsibility for yourself and your family, in Spain there are many plants that have sharp spikes and thorns that could easily injure a child, and whilst there are safety gates and fences guarding against steep drops in some places, there are also other places with no fence protection at all, it is the clients responsibility to keep themselves and their children safe from these potential hazards.
- Only gift certificates issued since 1st April 2010 are now valid, the old style vouchers have expired. You must notify us of any voucher you intend to use on booking. Gift certificates must be signed and number by ourselves to be valid. Gift vouchers are non-refundable, and are valid for one year.
- We do charge a single person supplement of £50, this is payable on all odd numbered group sizes. (£100 on Adventure tours). If you are part of a group and book a single room we will do our best to accommodate you. If we don’t have space with us we put you in to our nearest hotel – Almazara Rural.
- Although generally accommodation is on our premises, we reserve the right to find you alternative accommodation if the need arise
- You must be in a general state of good health with no heart, back or neck injuries to take part in one of our tours. If in doubt, please ask your local GP for advice – our tours are run in a relaxed fashion but can be quite physical at times.
- If there are any parts of these terms and conditions that you don’t understand please contact us in writing
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.